Here is how to invite the Messiah JESUS into your heart and life as an act of faith so that you can receive His blood of atonement:
1) Pray. Prayer is just talking to God in your own words.
2) Confess. Acknowledge to God that you have sinned—broken His Commandments—and that you are truly sorry about it.
3) Ask and Receive. Ask the Messiah JESUS to come into your heart and life and to cleanse you with His blood of atonement.
4) Believe. Thank Him in faith for saving you!
Some people have emotional experiences when they invite the Messiah into their life, while others do not. Just thank Him for coming into your heart. This is an act of faith acceptable to God!
Here is a sample prayer:
Dear God, I confess that I have sinned against You and I’m truly sorry about it. JESUS, please come into my heart and life and cleanse me with Your precious blood of atonement. Thank You for doing this according to Your Word. I’ll do anything You want me to, with Your help. I really mean it, Lord! In JESUS’ Name, Amen!
Does this prayer express the desire of your heart? If it does, pray it right now, and Jesus will enter your life as He promised to in God’s Word. (You can take a moment right now and pray this prayer out loud.)
Did you invite Jesus into your life? Did you really mean it? Then, where is Jesus according to the Bible? God’s Word says:
Behold, I stand at the door [of your heart and life], and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door [of his heart and life], I will come in to him, and will sup [fellowship] with him, and he with Me (Jesus in Revelation 3:20, KJV).
Either God is the world’s greatest liar, or Jesus is in your heart right now if you prayed to receive Him!
God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the Son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? Or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19).
The moment that you asked Jesus into your heart and life as an act of faith, God began to do many wonderful things for you including the following:
1) Your sins were atoned for (covered, forgiven)!
2) You received righteousness by faith!
3) You entered into a personal relationship with God and became a child of God!
4) You received eternal life!
5) God’s Holy Spirit entered your life to lead you and guide you!
6) You began living the abundant life and the exciting adventure for which God created you—to get to know God and to make Him known!
(If you have not yet asked Jesus into your life, ask Him to come in right now and these wonderful blessings will be yours too!)
Here’s how to grow in God’s abundant life:
1) Confess any sins to God and ask for His help to overcome them.
2) Pray to God in the Name of His Son Jesus and praise and thank Him.
3) Read God’s Word (the Bible) once or more every day. Just as you have three meals daily, you need regular spiritual meals. Before you read, pray for God to show you the truth as you read. He is the Author. It is His Book.
4) Memorize as many Bible verses as you can.
5) Fellowship at least weekly with other Bible believers.